Pulled Pork Burger
- Serves 4
- 13 Ingredients
- 15 Minutes Prep
- 1 Hour 40 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1525kJ
- Protein 26.0g
- Fat (total) 10.7g
- - Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Carbohydrate (total) 35.7g
- Fibre 11.0g
- Sodium 356mg
1 brown onion, chopped
1 green capsicum, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
400g lean pork shoulder, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
400g can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 (200g) corn cob
½ large (160g) avocado
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve
4 x 50g wholemeal bread rolls, split
150g pre-cut coleslaw mix
- Lightly spray a 20cm (base measurement) heavy-based saucepan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion, capsicum, garlic and sliced chilli, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a plate.
- Lightly spray same pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook pork, turning once, for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, vinegar and onion mixture and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pork is tender and sauce thickens. Transfer pork to a large plate, Using two forks, coarsely shred meat. Return meat to pan and season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, steam corn until tender. Set aside to cool. Remove kernels and discard cob. Mash avocado and juice in a small bowl. Stir in corn and chopped coriander. Season with pepper.
- Toast bread rolls. Sandwich rolls with avocado mixture, coleslaw mix and pork. Serve with extra chilli and coriander, if desired.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
If you have a gas cooktop, always spray pans with oil well away from the flame.
These recipes were created and approved by Weight Watchers. For more recipes or tips for a healthier lifestyle follow us on Instagram @WeightWatchersAUNZ or visit our website https://www.weightwatchers.com/au/
Note: 7 SmartPoints VALUES PER SERVE