Rainbow Nori Rolls ©
- Serves 4
- 11 Ingredients
- 20 Minutes Prep
- 15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1183kJ
- Protein 8.9g
- Fat (total) 13.8g
- - Saturated Fat 2.8g
- Carbohydrate (total) 27.2g
- - Sugars 3.6g
- Fibre 6.4g
- Sodium 331mg
1 cup black quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 sheets nori
½ small fresh beetroot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
¼ capsicum, peeled and cut into matchsticks
¼ carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
Handful of pea sprouts
2 avocados, peeled and chopped
3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
¾ teaspoon salt
- Place quinoa, water and vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir well and set aside to become lukewarm.
- Place a sheet of nori shiny side down on sushi mat or bench.
- Spread quinoa over nori leaving 2cm at short end.
- Arrange ¼ of avocado cream, raw vegetables, sprouts in the centre of quinoa.
- Roll up firmly towards the end with 2cm gap. Cut in half.
- Repeat with remaining nori sheets and ingredients.
- Serve with soy sauce. Makes 8 (2 per serve).
Avocado cream: Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
This recipe is a nutritious alternative to traditional sushi. Quinoa provides more fibre, protein and essential minerals than white rice. It’s important to make these rolls while the quinoa is still warm, as this allows the quinoa to stick with the nori sheets.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing Company.