Roast Pork Loin with Pistachio and Apricot Stuffing
- Serves 6
- 7 Ingredients
- 15 Minutes Prep
- 1 Hour 15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1670kJ
- Protein 52g
- Fat (total) 6g
- - Saturated Fat 1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 26g
- Fibre 13g
- Sodium 176mg
1/4 cup whole chestnuts
1/3 cup pistachios
2 tablespoons shredded sage leaves
1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
1.25 Kg rolled pork loin, fat trimmed
6 cups steamed mixed vegetables
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Boil the chestnuts for 15 minutes then drain and remove outer skins.
- Set aside then roughly chop.
- Combine the chestnuts, pistachios, sage and dried apricots.
- Trim the pork of fat and lay the loin out flat.
- Spoon the nut mixture over the centre of the meat, then roll the meat up again and secure with cooking string.
- Place the pork on a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper.
- Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Rest for 10 minutes then carve and serve with steamed vegetables and roasted sweet potato.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Don’t forget to trim visible fat off meat. The type of fat we find on meat is high in saturated fat which can increase our risk of cardiovascular disease.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Nuts for Life. Recipes can be found at wwww.nutsforlife.com.au