Roast Veggie Pizza
- Serves 2
- 13 Ingredients
- 1 Hour Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1677kJ
- Protein 14.6g
- Fat (total) 16.3g
- - Saturated Fat 3g
- Carbohydrate (total) 43.7g
- Fibre 10.5g
- Sodium 434mg
100g butternut pumpkin, sliced thinly
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
1 clove garlic, crushed
250g (8 ounces) cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
2 x 67g (2-ounce) wholemeal pita pockets
1 small zucchini (90g), sliced into ribbons
100g kale, trimmed, shredded
¼ cup (60g) reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
1½ tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons small basil leaves, extra
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin on one tray; spray with cooking oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add tomato; stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in the basil.
- Arrange pita pockets on remaining oven tray. Spread with tomato mixture; top with pumpkin, zucchini and kale. Bake for 15 minutes or until bases are crisp.
- Top pizzas with ricotta, nuts and extra basil before serving. Season with pepper.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Use a vegetable peeler, mandolin or V-slicer to slice the zucchini into ribbons.
Image and recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly, Diabetes, Food For Life by arrangement Bauer Books, a division Bauer Media Australia. Copyright © 2017