Roasted Pumpkin and Pistachio Salad
- Serves 6
- 8 Ingredients
- 5 Minutes Prep
- 25 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 890kJ
- Protein 5g
- Fat (total) 15g
- - Saturated Fat 3g
- Carbohydrate (total) 11g
- Fibre 6g
- Sodium 9mg
700g peeled and seeded pumpkin
100g baby spinach leaves
75g pistachio kernels
1 avocado, cut into wedges
1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup basil leaves
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, to serve
cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice the pumpkin into thin wedges and place on a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper.
- Spray with oil spray and sprinkle with pepper.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange the pumpkin on a serving plate with baby spinach, pistachio, avocado, Spanish onion and basil.
- Drizzle with red wine vinegar and serve.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
This salad is a great mix of colour. Aim to have a variety of different coloured vegetables throughout the day to ensure a good mix of nutrients.
It is also important to aim for 5 serves of vegetables each day. One serve is the equivalent to 1 cup salad or 1/2 cup cooked vegetables or 1 medium potato.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Nuts for Life. Recipes can be found at www.nutsforlife.com.au