Rosewater Berry Mousse
- Serves 4
- 10 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 970kJ
- Protein 10g
- Fat (total) 1.9g
- - Saturated Fat 1.1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 31.3g
- - Sugar 30.8g
- Fibre 2.3g
- Sodium 97.6mg
1 1/2 teaspoon powdered gelatine
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 cup low-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla yoghurt
250g strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
1/2 tablespoon icing sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons rosewater essence
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a cup and set aside.
- Place milk, sugar and vanilla into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir through gelatine until dissolved.
- Set aside to cool slightly then add yoghurt and mix well until smooth.
- Use a stick mixer or blender to process yoghurt mixture until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses or bowls. Cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- To prepare berries, combine strawberries, berries, icing sugar and rosewater. Just prior to serving, decoratively pile berries on top of each mousse.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Mousse can be made up to 2 days in advance. Berries can be prepared up to 4 hours in advance.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2015. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au