- Serves 6
- 14 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 20 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 935kJ
- Fat (total) 9.8g
- - Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Carbohydrate (total) 15.9g
- Fibre 8.1g
- Sodium 442mg
Olive or canola oil spray
Medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 medium red capsicum, seeded and diced
440g can salt-reduced baked beans
800g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
freshly ground or cracked black pepper
125g baby spinach leaves, chopped
1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped, to serve
- Spray a large frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix through baked beans, canned tomatoes, cumin, paprika and pepper.
- Increase heat and to bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach leaves and gently mix until they start to wilt; sprinkle over cherry tomatoes.
- Using a spoon, create 6 little wells, then crack each egg into a well. Cover pan with lid and cook until whites are firm and yolks are just set, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, top with parsley and serve immediately.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
To help balance your meal consider serving with a wholegrain slice of toast.
Don’t forget eggs aren’t just for breakfast, this recipe could be used for lunch or dinner.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from LiveLighter livelighter.com.au