Smoked salmon and chicken salad platter
This is so easy to put together on the day! It’s fresh and light and full of zing. If you aren’t keen on smoked salmon you could use all chicken or replace with a baked salmon fillet, cooled and cut up.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1087kJ
- Protein 19.8g
- Total fat 11.8g
- - saturated fat 2.8g
- Carbohydrate 15.1g
- Fibre 5.6g
- Sodium 423.3mg
- 125g smoked salmon, cut or torn into pieces
- 200g cooked chicken breast, no skin, cut or torn into pieces
- 300g baked and cooked orange sweet potato, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 medium endive (witlof) or 100g baby spinach, washed and drained
- 60g rocket, washed and drained
- 60g sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoon extra light spreadable cream cheese
- 1 large avocado, cut into cubes or slices
- ½ small red (Spanish) onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon reduced fat plain Greek style yoghurt
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baby capers
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Arrange endive or spinach and rocket on a platter.
- Top with avocado and orange sweet potato cubes, then slices of red onion.
- Toast the sourdough and allow to cool. Spread with the extra light spreadable cream cheese. Cut into 2cm squares and sprinkle over the salad.
- Arrange the smoked salmon and chicken on top.
- Whisk together the white balsamic vinegar, reduced fat plain Greek style yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle the capers over the salad.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.