Spaghetti with Poached Egg, Fresh Salmon and Baby Spinach
- Serves 6
- 8 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 20 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 2120kJ
- Protein 27.2g
- Fat (total) 24.3g
- - Saturated Fat 5.3g
- Carbohydrate (total) 41g
- Fibre 7.2g
- Sodium 160mg
400g wholemeal spaghetti
300g fresh salmon, thinly sliced
1½ cups baby spinach
80 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zest and juice
Pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmesan shavings
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water.
- Poach the eggs and set aside.
- Place salmon and spinach into a large bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked lift it out of the water into the bowl stirring carefully. Add a little of the pasta water to bring it all together. The heat from the pasta and water will cook the salmon and spinach.
- Combine oil, lemon zest and juice, drizzle over the pasta, season with pepper.
- Place onto plates and top with the poached egg and some parmesan shavings.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
One serving of Spaghetti with Poached Egg, Fresh Salmon and Baby Spinach is a source of vitamin A; a good source of protein, folate and iron; an excellent source of dietary fibre and is low in sodium.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Australian Eggs. For more healthy lunchbox inspiration and ideas to get kids involved in the kitchen, visit www.eggs.org.au