Veggie Christmas Trees
- 5 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 91kJ
- Protein 1.4g
- Fat - total 0.4g
- - saturated fat 0.2g
- Carbohydrate 2.6g
- Fibre 1.2g
- Sodium 7mg
- 1 small capsicum (red, orange or yellow), sliced into 1cm strips
- 8 snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 x 5mm slice of cheddar cheese
- Wooden skewers
- Small star cookie cutter
- To prepare the ingredients, trim the ends of the snow peas and cut the capsicum into long slices. Cut a 5mm slice off a block of cheese and use a small star cutter to cut out 4 star shapes.
- Thread your capsicum and snow peas alternatively on to the skewer. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonally from the point of the skewer to the edge of the lowest capsicum/snow pea (whatever is at the base). Repeat on the other side to create a triangle shape. Carefully add your cheese star to the top.
- Snip the sharp end of the skewer for safety and always supervise young children when serving food on skewers.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from One Handed Cooks; http://onehandedcooks.com.au/recipe/vegetable-christmas-trees-kids/
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the One Handed Cooks website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.