Grilled Bananas with Macadamias and Yoghurt
The perfect dessert to compliment a BBQ with friends & family!
Source: Nuts for Life www.nutsforlife.com.au
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 15 g reduced salt margarine e.g. canola
- 4 medium bananas
- 1/4 C chopped macadamias
- 1/3 C low fat Greek style yoghurt, to serve
- Heat a barbeque or stovetop grill to high heat.
- Mix together the brown sugar, vanilla and margarine until fully combined.
- Peel the banana skins back, but do not take them off the bananas.
- Spoon a little brown sugar mixture onto each banana, then fold the skins back around the flesh to enclose. Cover the bananas in foil.
- Place the bananas on the grill and barbeque for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing the foil.
- Carefully peel away the skin from the bananas. Place the bananas on serving plates and spoon over any melted margarine mixture left in the skins.
- Sprinkle liberally with macadamias (approximately 10g nuts per serve (~3 or 4 nuts)) and serve with a spoonful of the low fat Greek style yoghurt.
Nuts are an excellent source of healthy fats. Try substituting macadamias for your favourite type of nut.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
|Total Fat (g)||10|
|Saturated Fat (g)||2|
|Polyunsaturated Fat (g)||1|
|Monounsaturated Fat (g)||7|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||3|
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on www.nutsforlife.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.