Hot Weet-Bix™ Breakfast Crumble ©
Bored with breakfast? Why not try this winter delight and it’s full of fruit to help you get the recommended 2 serves of fruit in your day.
- ½ cup frozen berries
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 Weet-Bix™ biscuits
- 1 ¼ cups skim milk
- 1 tsp sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Using a small saucepan, heat the berries with the apple, cinnamon and honey, reduce for a couple of minutes until thick.
- In a shallow breakfast bowl, layer your crumble by alternating half a crushed Weet-Bix™ biscuit with a spoonful of the berry mix. Continue with layers.
- Pour over hot milk, ensuring even coverage.
- Finish by sprinkling toasted sliced almonds on top.
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy (kJ)||995 (238 Cal)|
|Fat – Total (g)||2.0|
|– Saturated fat (g)||0.5|
|Carbohydrate – Total (g)||42.0|
Dietitian notes/ recipe tips
For a gluten free option use Gluten Free Weetbix
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing Company.
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW&ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed by Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing Company; https://www.sanitarium.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW&ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.