Jewelled Couscous Salad
A beautiful colourful salad that’s anything but boring.
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cooked
- 1/2 cup couscous, cooked
- 90 g cooked or BBQ chicken breast
- 1 tbs slivered almonds
- 1 tbs dried cranberries or fresh pomegrnate seeds
- 1-2 tsp reduced-fat salad dressing, optional
- Mix together all ingredients except dressing (if using).
- Add dressing just before serving.
LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2015, reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on Sanitarium do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.