Macadamia and Lime Biscotti
A delicious treat to serve with your favourite cup of tea!
- 1 1/2 C plain self-raising flour
- 1 C wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3/4 C castor sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Juice and rind of 2 limes
- 1 C roasted raw macadamia nuts, whole
- Sift flours and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, lime juice, lime rind and nuts.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir to form a dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, divide in 2 and shape into 2 logs.
- Place logs on a greased and floured tray and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 15minutes.
- Allow logs to cool completely. Cut into thin slices. Spread in a single layer on a baking tray and return to a slow oven, 150°C, for 10minutes or until firm and golden. Makes 30 biscuits.
Although these are a healthier option than many commercially available biscuits, these should still be considered an occasional treat and not an everyday food.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
|Total Fat (g)||4|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||1|
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on www.sanitarium.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.