Pork Medallions with Chargrilled Potato Salad
Mix up your meat and vegetables with this light meal!
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 500 g pork loin medallions, fat trimmed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 150 g mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- Combine orange juice, vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish, add pork and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for as long as time permits, anywhere between 30 minutes to several hours.
- Microwave potatoes in a covered bowl with a tablespoon of water for 10-12 minutes on HIGH or until just tender. Allow to cool slightly then cut each in half.
- Spray a barbecue, char-grill or griddle with oil and heat to medium-high heat. Cook potatoes on grill for 4-5 minutes each side until lightly charred, set aside.
- Drain pork well and discard marinade. Grill pork for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place salad leaves, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, beans and potatoes in a large bowl. Pour over remaining orange dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates, add pork and serve immediately.
LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2015, reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on LiveLighter do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.