White Bean Pate
Try this flavoursome dip for your next party!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 440 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Saute onion and garlic in a non-stick pan with oil until onion is soft. Remove from heat.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Put into a serving dish and chill until firm, approximately 30 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with vegetable crudites, multi-grain toast or pita bread
LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2015, reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au